🌱 Robert Santos + Blood donation month + Well-being + Boba tea
Rise and shine, San Antonio! Here’s everything you need to know to get a good start this Friday. Here’s what’s happening in San Antonio today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sun mixing with clouds. High: 61 Low: 51.
Rent this space:
Are you a a local business owner or merchant in San Antonio? We would love to start connecting local businesses with our amazing readers. Click here to find out more.
Here are the best stories in San Antonio today:
- Robert Santos of San Antonio is now the new head of “one of the federal government’s most prominent agencies” as he “was recently sworn in as the 26th director of the US Census Bureau” and is the first Latino to hold that office. job. . Arturo Vargas, CEO of the Education Fund of the National Association of Latino Elected and Civil Servants, said in November that he hoped Santos “will bring his life experience and cultural understanding of the Latin American community to pursue new strategies to improve the number of Latinos. ”For more details visit: (culturemap.com)
- “January is National Blood Donor Month” and the South Texas Blood and Tissue Center needs your help. Due to the “desperate need of blood donors”, the Center is highlighted on the “KENS5 Good People” segment, where you can also nominate someone by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a video with information visit: (KENS5.com)
- Now that the New Year has arrived, why not take some time for yourself? There are various places in San Antonio that offer “Adventurous, Luxurious and Holistic Health and Wellness Therapies” where you can pamper yourself without breaking the bank! For more information and for a list of wellness therapy locations in town, visit: (mySanAntonio.com)
- If you’re in the mood for boba tea, there are several teahouses in San Antonio where you can find the popular drink. From traditional flavors to fruity or overly sweet flavors, you can find them all at various boba tea places around town, and they even come delivered! For a list of these places, including their websites and locations, visit: (San Antonio Magazine)
From our sponsor:
Today’s San Antonio Daily is presented in part by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G will change lives for you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in San Antonio!
Today in San Antonio:
- Community involvement and leadership event with keynote speaker Pastor / Reverend Mitchell, at the Rotary Club of San Antonio Pearl in Botika. (Midday)
- Christmas lights on the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio. (5:30 p.m.)
- First Friday – Free belly dancing class in San Antonio. Available on Zoom or in person at Karavan. (7 p.m.)
- First Friday with Michael Martin and the Infidels at the Good Kind Southtown. (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- “Spurs win! Spurs win! Spurs win! An uphill battle for the guys! See recap: San Antonio Spurs video (nba.com).” (Instagram)
- “Calling all runners! Think you can run faster than these clowns? Then register today for our San Antonio Rodeo Rodeo Stampede 5K Run / Walk. Help kick off our Western Heritage Weekend at our Family 5K, with proceeds going to the Rodeo Scholarship Fund. Register at: runsignup.com. “(Instagram)
- San Antonio Pets Alive December Review! 257 lives saved, 245 adoptions, 87 lifesaving transfers. Thank you all for your commitment and dedication to San Antonio’s most vulnerable dogs and cats. We’re their last chance, and together we’re saving lives! Find more support on our website: https://sanantoniopetsalive.org. “ (Instagram)
- “Come to Dreamweek – an event dedicated to inspiring and motivating attendees to exchange ideas and ideas on a range of topics to advance the voices of tolerance, diversity and equality. With daily themes, speaking engagements, mixers, events and more, it’s a great week you can’t miss: https://bit.ly/3pC1WR1. ”(Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the daily life of San Antonio? Here are all the ways to get more involved:
You are officially in the loop for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
– Gabriela Couvillion
About Me: I am an active mom of two grown sons and a longtime San Antonio resident. I received a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in my spare time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thanks for reading Patch, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any news and events that may be of interest to our readers!